NEW primary date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Primary Election Calendar
July 7, 2020 (postponed due to COVID-19)
June 16: Last day to register to vote for the July primary election. Board of Elections office open until 9 p.m.
Also, last day to file a change of residence.
- June 30: Inactive registered Republicans and Democrats, and Unaffiliated voters, will be sent a mail-in ballot application designed specifically for this election. You will need to return the application by June 30 to receive your ballot and vote.
- July 6: A mail-in ballot voter who misses the deadline may apply in person at the County Clerk's office for a mail-in ballot up to 3 p.m. the day before the election.
- July 7: Primary Election Day. Polls open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Mail-in Ballots must be postmarked on or before July 7 and received by July 14.
For more detailed information, read the NJ Primary Elections Chronological Guide.
- The mailing of sample ballots is suspended for the July 7 primary election.
- Voters will be sent a notice indicating your polling place.
- Any voter who appears at a polling place on the day of the July primary election shall vote a Provisional Ballot, except that a voter with disabilities may vote on an ADA-accessible voting machine. Read Executive Order 144 for more details.
Sample ballots are posted online by the Morris County Clerk’s office. Visit the Sample Ballots page to view your ballot!
For the July 7, 2020 Primary
- All registered, active Republicans and Democrats will automatically be sent a mail-in ballot.
- Inactive registered Republicans and Democrats, and Unaffiliated voters, will sent a mail-in ballot application designed specifically for this election. You will need to return the application by June 30 to receive your ballot and vote.
Note: Due to COVID-19, the number of polling places in each town will be reduced for the July 7 primary. This will follow the guidelines specified in Executive Order 144. Polling place changes will be updated on Morris County Clerk's website as they are confirmed.
Warning! Registering to vote is FREE. Any website that charges for voter registration is not an official government site. Beware of releasing personally identifiable voter registration information on non-governmental sites.
All Voter Information for Morris County