Cathy Wilson - Chair of MTDC Dan, Cathy and Mark
As chair, I want to let everyone know what’s going on. For the first time ever, Morris Township has a competitive primary on the Dem side.
Dan Falkner (former Navy helicopter pilot, Columbia MBA) and Mark Gyorfy (former Congressional staffer, Morris Township native son, volunteer firefighter), earned the endorsement of the Morris Township Democrats in our first-ever nominating convention on March 27th and have the full support of the Morris County Democrats. Dan and Mark bring a wealth of knowledge and public service experience to the table, and we couldn’t be more excited to support them in their campaign to take the majority on the Township Committee for the first time.
To volunteer or donate to their campaign, please go to their website: danandmarkforcommittee.com
As some of you may know, Jeff Grayzel placed third in our nominating convention. Afterwards, Jeff decided to run on his own in the Primary and later asked Tara Olivo-Moore to be his running mate.
ALL of Morris Township’s 5,528 Dems have new reason to pay attention and participate in the June 5th Primary. I will be working enthusiastically on behalf of Dan and Mark, and I am excited to knock on doors with them to inform our voters.
Important Dates to Note:
- May 15: Last day to register to vote for the June Primary Election. Board of Elections office open until 9 p.m. (21 days before primary). This is also the last day to file a change of residence.
- May 29: Last day to apply for a mail-in ballot application (formerly civilian absentee ballot) for the primary election.
- June 1: A qualified overseas voter who wishes to receive a faxed, emailed or mailed federal ballot for the primary election, must apply to the County Clerk no later than the fourth day before the primary election.
- June 4: A mail-in ballot voter who misses the deadline may apply in person at the County Clerk for a mail-in ballot up to 3:00 p.m. the day before the election.
- June 5: Primary Election Day. Polls open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.